pièce de résistance - Torres Del Paine

It was raining this morning - the Japanese guy, Todd and Sara all decided to leave. The French guys and me were gobsmacked: how can you get this far and decide to leave ? Torres del Paine is just up there !

Before I go on - how is the colour of the drinking water, now that is mineral water !

Water.
I am not here to rush off to a couch surfing offering. Torres del Paine is beckoning and I am heeding its call.
a sign.
The weather cleared and the walk up the valley was almost as rewarding as Valle de Frances.
Leaving for some sight seeing.
I anticipate the destination with excitement, but find there is real joy in the journey to it. The scene on the way, with all the golds and hues of red of the autumn foliage is stunning. Mixed with the crumbling mountain debris interspersed with gushing rivulets along with the river torrent in the valley is a poet's joy.
Gushing streams.
The rain created many falls and brought out the vivid colours of the autumn leaves in the trees.
Water falls.
On the way back we inspected the final camp prior to mirador Torres , very pleasant setting but there was no way I was going to make it yesterday after 9 hours of walking.
Torres camp.
I am today, a very happy person.
Torres del Paine.
On leaving, I spent my time admiring and soaking in the visual splendor of the autumnal colours. It is sad that I have to leave.
Autumn.
Nice, but not a comparison to my stay in the elements was the final resting place before leaving the park. We got cheap backpacking accommodation due to last day of the season (ie. free !).
The resort.

Blog Indexes:


Comments