Erika: Manu Park Day 6

We were up early as the Romanian couple and a Canadian girl had to leave today. In some ways I would have liked to have left too as I have had enough. This trip would be better at 4 to 5 days. The animals are great, but the long days sitting on boats and the humid weather take their toll. Also if you can cut out the travel time by flying in to Boca Manu, all the better.

I ran out of battery life for the camera today, as there was no power until late in the evening. We are back at Erika lodge and it’s effectively a day off.

We go zip lining again, not quite as thrilling as the first time but fun just the same. We grabbed some boogie boards and swam in the river rapids and generally had fun loafing around.


I enjoyed wandering through the forest on my own to take in those last sounds and sights of the jungle. It is good to have a day off.

We got to see another Capybara, I was chuffed, having only got a fleeting glance last time.

As well, it seems, the tapir likes it around the villages. I am wondering if the free feed it gets has its price on a future dinner table ?


Blog Indexes:


Comments