SD Card - photo recovery

It is 3:30 am in the morning, which my body says is 12:30pm Cusco time yesterday Jetlag - It will take a few days to adjust to the 15 hour time shift. My mind is agitated anyway dealing with the sore tooth and recovery process that I need to do for the deleted photograph images from my SD card.

Yesterday I found a tool called PC Inspector File Recovery . This tool found 1610 objects on my SD card and is busy saving the files to my PC. 8 Gigabyte card with each cluster 1440kb, it is going to take a while.

The restore is giving me corrupt image files and is looking at it from a disk view. I need to try out a different program that can intelligently marry the large image files as I am getting truncated images.


Some images are corrupted.
It will take a while, but there is a glimmer of hope.

Later - Aha - I found a setting that sets the default size of the file. I changed it to 5 Mb and most images are saved, unfortunately this program is not clever enough to determine the actual file size so you have to guess.

I have discovered that other programs offer a few more options, for about 50 bucks. One that is of interest, which I am going to buy is SoftAmbulance 'Photo Undelete', it has more automated features and is able to recognise the image file sizes. When they finally get the registration key to me I will post my evaluation.

Relief- Thank You. With SoftAmbulance I was able to restore all 4251 of my photos (which turns out to be triplicate ie 1417 images or thereabouts, anyway I achieved my objective of getting the pictures back.). This program is simple and does the job quickly and effectively.

Now all I need to do is sort and make sense the pictures.

Blog Indexes:


Comments